Network membership is open to any individual or organisation with an interest in the field. Currently there are over 300 network members who represent a wide array of researchers, end users and related organisations. There are over 80 different organisations represented.
Core Network Partners
- RMIT, Global Cities Institute / Centre for Risk and Community Safety - geography, social science, policy, economics, law; fire and emergency management in Australia and worldwide.
- ANU, Fenner School - policy research, and social science, economics, modeling; global research and adaptation networks and groups.
- James Cook University, Centre for Disaster Studies - geographers/social science; tropical Australia.
- Macquarie University, Risk Frontiers - risk modeling insurance/re-insurance groups Australian and worldwide.
- Monash University, Climate Centre - climate change and policy research; Australian Universities Climate Change coalition, and climate change research networks in Australia, USA and elsewhere.
- University of Western Australia (UWA) School of Earth and Environment
- AFAC (Peak association for all fire and emergency services in Australia; includes the Bushfire CRC; key partner of the International Wildland Fire Association.)
- NSW State Emergency Service
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- Fire and Emergency Service Authority (WA—FESA)
- Planning Institute of Australia (comprising 4500 urban planners practicing throughout Australia)
- Australian Red Cross